| 0 comments ]

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their mimicry, their passions a quotation.
Oscar Wilde

I feel unoriginal. It's a nagging feeling. It tugs at my chest, knocks at my thought. It's a painful feeling. But worse than that, it's frightening. I overheard a conversation the other day. It was one of those typical coffee shop conversations a girl was having with her friend. As they sipped strong black tea she said she isn't afraid of rejection, because we as people deal with it everyday. Constantly we reject or accept things, all things. We don't even realise we're doing it. I realise this, 'understanding' of such, isn't revolutionary, but I stared to think, and I'm asking which is worse; to feel unoriginal or to be rejected for your originality.

I hate rejection. But I also hate feeling like there is nothing 'sacred' to the individual that is me. If we look at all the people and things that surround us - for something to be completely unique is such a vulnerably beautiful thing.

Despite this, some are at times scared of their rareness. Perhaps due to the fear of rejection. And yet others, appear , and probably feel, electrified by their individuality. Personally, my inadequacies have stronger currents. To feel like everyone else is poisoning to the soul. But to be rejected when you are being yourself would mutiliate any self worth.

I don't know what else to say. Oh, the Winter Olympics are coming along well aren't they?

xoxo,

Frankie

Share and Enjoy!
Digg Stumble This Del.icio.us Live Twitthis Google Yahoo Reddit Technorati Feedmelinks .

0 comments

Post a Comment

scribble back